Over the years veneers have evolved into an art form. At Eastside Dental Medicine all veneers are custom made for each patient. A mold of your teeth is taken and from that mold, our lab is able to create realistic-looking teeth that will make your smile look stunning. The porcelain material used to make these veneers is extraordinarily strong and sculpted by world-class technicians. The veneers are then meticulously bonded to your teeth and a new smile is born.
Porcelain Laminate Veneers have numerous advantages over other cosmetic techniques:
- The natural tooth structure is preserved and the surrounding soft tissue remains untouched.
- Individual teeth of dissimilar color and contour can be perfectly matched.
- Permanent stains, such as those caused by antibiotics administered during childhood or excessive smoking, can be completely masked.
- Natural teeth weakened by root canal treatment and old fillings can be strengthened by this process.
- Fractured and trauma-damaged teeth can be restored without the invasive tooth reduction that is necessary for full crown coverage.
- Misaligned teeth can be corrected to produce a more perfect smile.
- Local anesthetics are often not required for this procedure.
A wide spectrum of patients can qualify for veneers, however, in some circumstances; veneers might not be the appropriate approach for restoring a smile. If you are missing teeth, need major orthodontic work, or have weak teeth, it may be necessary to have additional or alternative work done by Dr. Srivastava and Dr. Castracane prior to incorporating veneers into your dental program. With the advent of implants, the wonders of orthodontic treatment, and modern therapies such as root canals and more, the majority of patients can be viable candidates to have porcelain laminate veneers placed. Come in today for a consultation with Dr. Srivastava or Dr. Castracane to see if you are a candidate for porcelain veneers.
Porcelain Veneers last longer than bleaching or bonding; porcelain laminate veneers have a life expectancy of 15 years or longer. They are resistant to stains and chips, are extremely natural looking, and will not discolor over time. Of course, as with any dental procedure, veneers may last more or less than the average expectancy, and accidents such as breakage can happen as with natural teeth.